Sunday, October 16, 2011

Day 3

Hey everybody! Thanks for tuning in :)
Today was our last down day before the intense labour starts tomorrow . . . morning. . . at 6:00 am. I hope they know i'm in college. I schedule my classes so that I won't have to wake up before noon. Good luck getting me up Andrea ;)
This morning we woke up, got all dressed up in our Sunday clothes, and headed over to church. The Crossroads Community Church is actually connected to Casabuena, so it wasn't much of a trip over. Yesterday Alexis, Shy and I were asked to teach the Sunday school at CCF so we walked over a little earlier in order to straighten out the lesson plan and tour the church a bit, just to see what we were getting ourselves into. The church service was amazing. Led by Ruben, a friend of everyone, we sang a lot of music that we were all familiar with. The cool thing was that he integrated Spanish into the choruses, a nice introduction to the language. After worship Mark stood up to preach and we girls split for the Sunday school room. The kids were learning Jeremiah 29:13, a verse that says "you will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart". It's so cool that was their verse for this week. I really feel like we as a mission team are learning to seek God with all of our hearts during this trip and I've seen the Lord work in amazing ways that blow my mind already. And it's only day 3.
After church we all packed into the van and headed over to the Caffe El Triunfo, an Italian restaurant owned by one of the church members. After lunch we went back to Casabuena for down time. At 7 we went to the First Baptist Church of La Paz. FBCLP is an exclusively Spanish speaking church which was a super cool experience. It was so amazing to hear the praise for our Lord in an unfamiliar tongue. The pastor taught the story of Shadrach Meshach and Abednego. The only reason I know this is that David and Joyce sent around a piece of paper explaining what was going on. At this point we, me, were all once again starving so we headed back to Casabuena heated up some leftovers and chit chatted in the palapo until we remembered we had to be awake at 5:45 the next morning for Care for Kids La Paz. We all bid our adieus and made way for bed.
Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers while we're all down here. I know it doesn't sound or look like we've done much yet but Milton was fixing my camera so pictures will come, and over the next few days you can count on the Lord showing his love through us in many more ways.
Thanks again, you are all amazing!
Hannah
Hannah

No comments: