Thursday, October 20, 2011

Day 6

Today was pretty uneventful. I went to sleep at 9 and when I had to wake up, at 5:30, I felt like I had gotten about 2 hours of sleep and that a bus had hit me during the night. All of this hard work is swiftly catching up with me! Hopefully I'll be able to recoup at some point in the next two days. That's unlikely though because I have to wake up at the same time for the next two mornings. ughhhhh. We went up to Care for Kids La Paz again this morning. The kids had eggs with hot dogs in them for breakfast. I'd love it if this was normal in America. That's my dream breakfast. We were planning on giving out the extra clothes we brought with us out today but we decided to save it until Friday so the kids would have great lasting memories of us when we left. After breakfast for the kids, we finished cleanup in a fraction of the time and headed over to the seminary to continue painting. There was another job to tackle at the seminary today though as well. About 4 years ago there was a big break in, and the burglar ripped the doors off of the locker like bookshelves only to find Spanish bibles and other religious literature. Stealing nothing, the thief just did a lot of damage to the seminary. Our primary goal there today is to fix the damage that was done and try to prevent future damage from being able to happen. I don't have any good pictures of the seminary, but we did a lot of work today. We painted 3 outside walls and the interior of the classroom that had been broken into. There is still a whole lot to do though! Luckily we're coming back tomorrow to finish up :)
We ended up back at the Malahcon to watch the sunset and do a few touristy things. It's always nice to hang out as a group and be able to talk and get to know each other when we're all clean and not working.

No comments: